Discussing Dum-Dums

I buy the big bag of Dum-Dums for sharing at work.

The really big bag!

(don't believe me? see previous MattChat post: http://matthonnold.blogspot.com/2015/08/picture-826-big-dum-dum-bag.html)

The bag contains a wide variety of flavors:
Blu Raspberry
Blueberry
Bubblegum
Butterscotch
Cherry
Cotton Candy
Cream Soda
Fruit Punch
Grape
Lemon-Lime
Mystery
Orange
Peach-Mango
Root Beer
Sour Apple
Strawberry
Watermelon


Interested in a little further discussion about Dum-Dums?  Read on.......

My favorite?
If I could have a lifetime supply of 3 flavors, I would choose Fruit Punch, Cream Soda and Mystery.

A statistician would tell you that there is a 5.9% chance (1/17) of randomly choosing a Dum-Dum and getting a particular flavor.

However, my personal research indicates that your random flavor is more likely to be Mystery or Blu Raspberry than any other.

The least favorite flavor for me and my
co-workers?
Tie: Blueberry & Blu Raspberry

Why?  turns our tongues blue (not very professional, eh?)

We go thru a bag of 500 Dum-Dums in about 2 months.  That's roughly 50 per week...... 5 per workday.

Yes, I account for many of those.

Out for now........

Matt