Lessons Unforgotten


Even today, I remember a wide variety of experiences from grade school and high school that made a big impact on my life by teaching me a valuable life lesson.


Some of the biggest ones:

- refusing to take piano lessons or be in band

- being given a 2nd popsicle by my youth pastor then having it taken away because I bragged to others about it

- seriously stupid call made to a payphone

- Senior night at basketball game: being a jerk in downplaying my role

- not giving enough compliments

- not saying enough thank-yous

- fail on first try getting driver's license

- not being a friend to those who needed a friend

- not speaking-up when I could have made a statement with impact

- elementary teacher using jump rope to (lightly) tie disobedient student in chair

- lying to elementary teacher in order to get out of trouble

- throwing rocks into Grandpa's cistern

- shooting a robin instead of a sparrow with BB gun


Yup, these are still with me here in 2018 -- each a very valuable life experience.


Grace & Peace & Love to you all -

Matt