Boxing on Ice



Great story out of Chicago.  These adventurous guys went to a very unique spot for their workout.


Two beefy dudes shadowboxing on a patch of ice floating in Lake Michigan in February.

The scene played out Sunday off Oak Street beach.

Boban Simic, a Chicago bouncer contemplating a comeback as a mixed martial arts fighter, and his trainer, former pro boxer and retired Chicago firefighter Bobby Thompson, were out for their regular winter swim when Simic noticed a large chunk of floating ice a couple hundred yards offshore.

“I saw that thing and I swam out there and I grabbed it and began pushing it in ... because why not? It was fun,” said Simic, 37.

Thompson, 58, remembers thinking: “I’m not letting you outdo me.”

Moments later both were dancing on the ice, punching the air.



You can watch a video of the Boxers on Ice at that same link.

Definitely not something you see every day.  I can only imagine how freakin' cold that Lake Michigan water was.  Yeesh.


Grace & Peace & Love to you all -

Matt