Recycling Gold & Silver



Catch this news yesterday?

Pandora, the world’s largest jewellery brand, today announced it will entirely stop using newly mined silver and gold in its jewellery by 2025 and only buy from recycled sources. This will cut carbon emissions by two thirds for silver and by more than 99% for gold.

“Silver and gold are beautiful jewellery materials that can be recycled forever without losing their quality. Metals mined centuries ago are just as good as new. They will never tarnish or decay. We wish to help develop a more responsible way of crafting affordable luxury like our jewellery, and prevent that these fine metals end up in landfills. We want to do our part to build a more circular economy,” said CEO Alexander Lacik.


First question that I asked to myself:  why are they spelling "jewelry" as "jewellery"?

And I Googled to find the answer:
"Jewelry is the preferred spelling in American English, while jewellery is the preferred spelling in British English."


Second question that I asked to myself:  wonder what the percentage is today in 2020?

71% of the silver and gold in Pandora’s jewellery comes from recycled sources.


Third question that I asked myself:  CAN I PLEASE HAVE THE DIRECTIONS TO THE LANDFILL WHERE THE PRECIOUS METALS ARE ENDING-UP?


Here's a link to the full news release:
https://pandoragroup.com/investor/news-and-reports/newsdetail?id=23761


Grace & Peace & Love to you all -

Matt